Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Right in the Middle...

In the last 72 hours, my life has been dramatically changed forever. I started this journey not even knowing where I would end up, but I can say with ease I am right in the middle of God's will... On Sunday, I found out that my flight was canceled due to snow in Atlanta and I would need to find another way to Manila. If you know anything about me or my personality, I started to have a mini melt down. In my head I was thinking, “OK Lord, you want me to go and now you are going to cancel my flight?” Not such a smart thing to say to the Lord. In that moment, someone who I respect very much says to me, “Madison, this trip isn’t about you, its about Him.” I stopped in my tracks at the reminder that this whole adventure is not about me, it never has been. If it was about me, I would have turned around by now. It was in that moment that my perspective for the next four months was refreshed and renewed. Within thirty minutes, I had a new flight (thanks to my mom’s intelligence and the Lord’s provision) that was so much better than my origional flight for no extra cost. After arriving at the airport on Monday, I was so kindly informed that there was a precious little embargo restriction on baggage. Frantically, I unload and reload my bags, trying to fit their restrictions. Now I was on my way for approximately 20+ hours of flying time. I met several wonderful people on the planes and the Lord was faithful to remind me that He was in complete control. I have been here now for almost 24 hours and the jet lag is beginning to wear off. I am staying with a gracious family for a few days and then I move on to my more permant residence.

I am already overwhelmed with the differences in this country compared to America. My prayer is that the Lord would completely change my life and perspective towards His people. Hopefully, this blog will give you a small insight into the journey He takes me on. More to come tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and miss you tons!! We are praying for you. Love, Ben, sissy & Steve

    ReplyDelete