Monday, January 31, 2011

Overwhelmed with His goodness...

[This is my desire to honor You. Lord, with all my heart I worship You. All I have within me, I give you praise. All that I adore is in You. Lord, I give you my heart, I give you my soul. I live for you alone. Every breath that I take, every moment I’m awake; Lord have Your way in me.]

After almost exactly three weeks in country, I am still trying to figure things out. The culture, yes, but even more I have been wrestling within my heart; wrestling with the emotion of being in country and realizing that there are so many hurting, poor and lost people in the Philippines. Initially I was really speechless when I witnessed the poverty, squatter communities and the volume of orphans in the Philippines (even in the little portion I have seen), then my feelings turned to overwhelmed and burdened. It wasn’t until this past week that I was really able to sort my feelings out and come some sort of temporary place of peace and rest with the issue. On one hand, it leaves me feeling like I should drop all that I am doing and just fix it! Knowing, that is generally not how the Lord works. I have this overwhelming desire to do something, whether big or small to help these people see the love of Jesus. It breaks my heart to see these people suffering and hurting; however, on the other hand, I have to think: what can little ol’ me do? I don’t have a job, I HAVE student loans and I am single. Can you see where this is going? After trying to somehow balance these two extreme feelings out, I have come to some sort of a conclusion. Its two parts, so get ready! I have full confidence that the Lord knows my abilities and my heart. He knows how I can change the world for His glory. He knows my next move and step. Good thing, because I don’t want that responsibility. This gives me great peace because I don’t have to figure it all out… My immediate responsibility is to be faithful in the small things the Lord has given me to do right now. Secondly, my life will never amount to His best if I live within the realm of practicality. A very wise woman once said, “Practical? Since when is [serving the Lord] practical?” (this is a paraphrase) I learned so much in that one conversation because in my limited little mind, I revert to what is practical and reality. I say: “Reality is I have student loans.” God says, “Reality is I am in control and I can take care of those loans. Obey me.” Whoa, talk about smack in the face. So I am turning a new leaf. I don’t want to live by the “practical” rules of life. I want to live a life for the glory of God, whether that means her or there or wherever. I want to be found faithful in the little things, so that the Lord will trust me with the BIG things!

I pray you were somehow encouraged by my meager words. May the Lord bless you and keep you today! Thanks for your prayers and support! Hopefully more to come soon…

-Mads

Emails: mcwheeler@liberty.edu

Financial Support: PO BOX 209 Stantonsburg, NC 27883

Prayer Requests: -Outdoor Education: February 5-11; Continued health and safety!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Madison,

    Can't express to you how proud we are of you and what you are doing there. (Love your Top Ten list.)

    This past Sunday afternoon our prayer group here at Peace mentioned your name in prayer in that God would magnify Himself in and through you there.

    Hello Madison,

    Can't express to you how proud we are of you and what you are doing there. (Love your Top Ten list.)

    This past Sunday afternoon our prayer group here at Peace mentioned your name in prayer in that God would magnify Himself in and through you there.

    Take good care of yourself and thanks forth updates.
    Brian
    Take good care of yourself and thanks forth updates.
    Brian

    ReplyDelete