Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Because He is.

“But, dear Israel, you'll also realize that I am God when I respond to you out of who I am, not by what I feel about the evil lives you've lived, the corrupt history you've compiled. Decree of God, the Master.”

Ezekiel 20:44 (msg)

Wow. Read that again. Let it sink in. After reading this verse the other day (a great friend shared), I was left in awe of my God. How humbling it is to realize that God responds to us not by the way He feels about our past or the way we have lived; but, we have a God who responds out of WHO HE IS. (This is where I want to jump up and down). Now this wouldn’t make much sense if you didn’t know the character of God. Let me just break it down for you a little: God is patient, gracious, merciful, powerful, caring, all-knowing, loving, kind, just, awesome… I could continue, but hopefully you understand. His response to us is a direct reflection of that beautiful character. It brings tears to my eyes to know that I serve a God whose reply to me doesn’t rely on me… It is a chance for me to realize that: He is God.

Reflect on that today and be thankful. God is good.

-Mads

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the encouraging post, Mads! I always need to be reminded of God's character and His unchanging nature! I love you!

    ReplyDelete