Friday, April 15, 2011

Prayer Request

Dear friends, family, and faithful readers,

Change is good. Depending on your perspective. Depending on what you are changing. The definition for transitions according to the Webster dictionary is: "to make radically different." When I left North Carolina three months ago, I never realized the radical change that was about to happen. These past three months I have been drastically changed. I have come to crave the Lord’s presence, hunger for His Word and see the world through the eyes of Jesus. I have begged for a heart that breaks for the things that break the Lord’s heart. I am nearing the end of my journey and beginning a new journey. Big Change.

I am writing to you to ask that you would join me in prayer for a very specific prayer request. I am asking that you all pray for my transition from the Philippines back to the States. Many of you might not understand, but this is a very trying time in a missionary’s life. Although I have only been here for 17 weeks, I can already feel the tension arising from the thought of adjusting back to a totally different life. I am praying for a few specific things: 1. I will establish my decisions for the things that need to change in my life upon arriving in the States. The Lord has show me many things while in the Philippines about the way I live and I want to decide now that I will not go back on the things I have learned; 2) I will not get frustrated with trying to explain 17 of the most drastic life-changing weeks of my life to those who ask how was the Philippines; 3) I will be able to translate the things I saw and learning into action to make a difference in my community and help ignite a passion for the lost and poor; 4) I will never ever forget how Jesus changed my life in just four short months. I will never be the same. Thank you friends, for your prayers. I hope to see you all soon (I arrived May 10 to RDU airport!). Have a wonderful day!

Your friend, Madison

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for you, Mads! I know that will be a tough transition but what an awesome story to bring back to your community in the States! I can't wait to see you!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete