Monday, April 25, 2011

Missing it already...

I am only two weeks away from flying back to the States and leaving this place I have called “home” for the last four months. Nothing in my life will ever be the same, but I find joy in the fact that the Lord has drawn me close to Himself in the last 17 weeks. I am overwhelmed when I think about how good God has been to me and how much I want to share that with friends and family back home. I want to lament a bit about all of the things I am going to miss about living in the Philippines.

1. Yummy fruit.

2. Being encouraged by the missionary community.

3. Learning words in a new language every day.

4. Holding those sweet babies at Gentle Hands.

5. New Friends.

6. Immersing myself in the culture (riding public).

7. Ants (Just thought I would throw that in to make sure you were paying attention!)

8. Eating rice (well, kinda).

9. The beautiful beaches.

10. Faith Academy.

I am learning to trust the Lord in the little things. Trusting him for a job between when I arrive at home and when I leave in October for the mission field (the Dominican Republic). Trusting that He will provide the financial support I need to be able to serve in the DR. Trusting that people will commit to pray for my future ministry. I am just learning to trust him for tomorrow. A sweet hymn has been in my head for several days now and I want to share it with you.

“Trust and Obey, for there’s no other way, to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey!”

Thanks for reading! See you soon then!

Sincerely,

Madison

1 comment:

  1. I love you mads. I'm praying for you and can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete